Monday, September 22, 2008

To Boldly Go Where No Woman Has Gone Before


I believe that I have seen the Twilight Zone. I've been on several flights where I question if something happened and we flew right into another dimension. I have actually been through production meetings and had the same feeling. Well, I can now tell you that I have officially entered the Twighlight Zone and instead of taking a Jet Blue flight to LA for a meeting, I may be flying aboard the starship Enterprise.

A friend of mine is a huge Trekky... you know the kind... the people that dress like aliens and characters from the popular series Star Trek? It's a slice of American life that I covered in the past for a series on conventions that I did for Travel Channel. We covered Star Trek conventions, the Big Beautiful Convention and several others that were just as "out of this world." Anyway, so my friend is involved in the production of an online production of some "lost episodes" of Star Trek. Somehow they got their hands on some old scripts that were never made into episodes and shoot them up in a studio in upstate New York. They then master the show and upload it to their website where millions of their Trekky friends can download them.


Anyway, they were searching for girl to play a character named Isel for their next episode shooting in October. This character is a bald "Deltan" and is a Lietenant aboard the Enterprise. So, my friend asked if I would be interested in auditioning for the part... being that I meet all of the requirements for the part (girl - check, Lietenant - I know how to be a fierce bitch, bald - check) At first, I thought it was a joke... and when I realized it wasn't... I told my family and they said that I should try just for fun. So, I agreed to the audition.


Yesterday, I made my way over to his house to shoot a screen test for the Executive Producer. We are shooting an episode called "The Child" and I play Isel who was impregnanted by a parasite of some sort. After a 3 day gestation period, I give birth to a health human baby girl. The short story is that I am a mother trying to protect her child and everyone else aboard the ship thinks that she is an alien trying to kill everyone... and wants to kill her (the baby... not me).

So, now... I am officially on tape auditioning for the role of Isel for this series. I am admitting to it now in case one of you wants to use it against me in the future. I can see Howard adding my Apprentice audition to the reel.

I'll let you know what happens...

I'm home this week and then off to NYC to meet with Sam and the crew for season 2 of Passport to Great Weekends. I am then heading up to New Hampshire for a fall foilage weekend where I will be checking out the beautiful Christmas Inn in Jackson.


Travel On...
Lori

No comments: