Thursday, November 22, 2007

Stuffed Bird

Oy, that was a lot of food! I love Thanksgiving because it really is all about food. In our family, my mother always made the matzoh ball soup in the morning. She used the turkey parts that everyone else throws away to make a turkey stock. She then adds veggies and as she says.. a whole lot of dill and lets it simmer all day long. When the bird is just about done, she adds the canadles and some noodles and when that is ready... we are ready to eat. Today's Thanksgiving feast was the somewhat the same... it started with the matzoh ball soup and then my husband took over. He was like a machine today. He made a Paula Deen stuffing, some mashed potatoes and some great creamed spinach.... and now, I am as stuffed as the bird was this morning

This morning we watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade as we drank coffee and my mom made the soup. Eva loved watching the dancers and she called Kermit a turtle.

I hope you are all enjoying your families. Eat lots and remember to say thanks.
Lori

No comments: